First 5 Fresno County
First 5 Fresno County funds an array of programs that directly service and benefit children 0-5 and their families. However, we also recognize that in order to create a supportive and nurturing environment where young children can thrive, the broader community must understand the importance of the early years and be engaged in children's issues.
Through news coverage, more people learn about the importance of the first five years of life, helping them to become better parents, caregivers and community advocates.
Our Most Recent News Releases
- Is my child developing appropriately?
For Child Developmental check list, click here.
- Low Cost-No Cost Summer Learning!
- Request for Quotation - Website
- October Commission Meeting Update
Our presentation to the community during the October 16th meeting is available, take a look!
- Coming Soon!
A free, child abuse prevention exhibit.
- BFF Express at the Fair
- Covered playgrounds made a cool debut in Fresno
- “Mommy Zone” Breastfeeding Trailer at the Fair – KFSV-TV (ABC)
- Importance of Early Screening – KFSN-TV (ABC)
- First 5 Fresno County Sues State
First 5 Fresno County is taking a stand for children and voters and filed a lawsuit in opposition to the illegal grab of local dollars. See Why First 5 Fresno County Filed Lawsuit.
- Judge Rules AB99 Unlawful