First 5 Fresno County
First 5 Fresno County funds an array of programs that directly service and benefit children 0-5 and their families. However, we also recognize that in order to create a supportive and nurturing environment where young children can thrive, the broader community must understand the importance of the early years and be engaged in children's issues.
Through news coverage, more people learn about the importance of the first five years of life, helping them to become better parents, caregivers and community advocates.
Our Most Recent News Releases
- 2013 Award Winners!
- First 5 Fresno County Sues State
First 5 Fresno County is taking a stand for children and voters and filed a lawsuit in opposition to the illegal grab of local dollars. See Why First 5 Fresno County Filed Lawsuit.
- Funding is available!
Funds to support breastfeeding friendly spaces in our community are available! Learn more about our Mini Grant Program.
- Is my child developing appropriately?
For Child Developmental check list, click here.
- April 18, 2013 - Child Abuse Prevention seminar was a success!
- The Challenge!
- Low Cost-No Cost Summer Learning!
- BFF Express at the Fair
- Covered playgrounds made a cool debut in Fresno
- “Mommy Zone” Breastfeeding Trailer at the Fair – KFSV-TV (ABC)
- Importance of Early Screening – KFSN-TV (ABC)
- Meeting the Basic Needs of Babies
- Judge Rules AB99 Unlawful